Do you belong to those foodie lovers who always keep looking at their mobile app to find newly introduced food in their much loved restaurant? Or are you running a restaurant and having a chronic neck pain now due to pressure of dealing with online orders of food? In both cases, this article will provide detailed information about the need of Restaurant Management System Maple.
Nowadays, advancement in technology has made everything easy with restaurants becoming more and more digital than before. The use of software is further helping the administration of restaurant, bar, bakery, cafe or cloud kitchen to run the system efficiently and smoothly, with point of sale system is a central unit in the entire process. POS system helps to manage a restaurant’s online presence, take online orders, manage table reservations, handle phone calls and billing, control inventory and handle marketing campaigns and loyalty programs.
As many functions are involved in Restaurant Management Suit so it is important to think about some must-have features to manage and handle each and every task of a restaurant. Although it is a significant investment to grow your business but it can be costly. Secondly, the system should be designed while keeping future business demands in mind such as features and integrations. Food and the services should be the core focus of restaurant management as these plays a significant role in restaurant business development. This article deals with some must have features necessary for Restaurant Management System Maple in terms of hardware, software and technology.
Modern POS systems are much more than punching orders. These systems take online orders, recommend and update menu, adjust refunds and make changes in the quantity of orders with its robust features. The addition of cloud has proved icing on the cake because all the customers’ data can be accessed from any location around the world and there is no risk of data loss. Old-fashioned system stores data on hard drive but latest POS system store data on cloud. They also offer offline mode when system suddenly crashes and sync the data on the server when connection restored.
Integrations & Built-In Features
- Software Integration: All of your restaurant systems should be integrated into a single system with customized features to run the setup smoothly. A restaurant owner must evaluate the need of the software according to business requirements to save money and run the system efficiently. In order to get the idea, restaurant owners can contact a company that offers customized features for both present and future use.
- Online Ordering System: Restaurant Management Apps are being used today to handle online orders which help to increase revenue. Digital nomads are addicted to using smartphones for everything from playing games to book travel tickets. In many industrialized countries of the world, online ordering has doubled in the past few years. Clients revisit the restaurant which offers them discount and special deals, easy payment options and smooth ordering process. Online ordering is the first step to attract the customers so this process should be simple and easy to use. Restaurants can collect important customer’s information for future promotion of their brand. Customers’ data already stores in Restaurant Business Software when a customer first times places an online order on a restaurant website or app.
- Table Reservation System: This helps restaurants to manage the sources according to need by improving sourcing and staffing. Pre-table reservations also enable restaurants to provide better quality services to their clients. The response to customers’ requests should be immediate so they can reserve their table somewhere else if there are limited reserved seats for guests. There must be separate seating plan for reserved people and walk-ins to increase sales data and to avoid hassle during peak hours. Table reservations help to increase business profit and better customer experience keep them intact with their favorite restaurant.
- Order Management: Restaurant should offer the facility of multiple sources of ordering to their customers even though it could be a big challenge to handle from an operational point of view and can even cause customers loss. So a well-established restaurant should integrate the entire operational systems into a signal system which normally can be done through a POS system.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR): Online ordering is popularized nowadays but still some people place their orders and make reservations through phones. Secondly, matters related to complaints and customers’ concerns can be deal over phones. This necessity has enhanced the importance of IVR in Restaurant Management Application. It is a telephony voice system which listens to calls and passes over the calls to relevant departments.
- Inventory Management System: This feature allows restaurant owners to keep tracking the inventory to measure the costs on food preparation. Secondly, administration can manage the ingredients and stock according to demand and the feature alerts the administration before it runs out of stock.
- Employee Management: Restaurant Management Software facilitates owners to manage employee’s attendance, productivity, payrolls and other details.
Analytics & Reporting
Restaurants can use the analytics to know about their customers and for Restaurant Business Solution.
- Customer Data: Restaurant software stores the client’s data which help the administration in marketing campaigns to promote their brands and run loyalty programs. Deals and discount offers as per customer’s preferences and food behaviors can make them regular customers of the restaurant.
- Sales Statistics: Sales data give restaurants insights about the most selling items and they can manage the menu accordingly.
- Inventory & Procurement Evaluation: It is necessary to manage the stock of a restaurant to avoid losses in business.
The main drive behind analytics systems is to analyze which actions should be given top priority to build long-term relationships with customers and keep them intact with their favorite restaurant for long. A restaurant should evaluate its business needs first and then use the resources according to demand. The entire system within a restaurant must be integrated into single software to run the entire business smoothly and efficiently without any headache.