You’ve launched a new restaurant. You’ve hired an expert team and introduced a perfect menu. All things are well ordered and perfectly designed. What next? You may want to use technology to boost up your business that could be a point-of-sale system for your restaurant. So, where to start? It’s really very simple: in the cloud. If you are not new in the restaurant business then you may be familiar with the cash register which was used to accept payment from customers. By the end of the 20th century, the use of Cloud Based POS System has increased because Digital POS Systems are more manageable than their predecessors.
The Restaurant POS System can be considered the heart of the Restaurant Management System so as a restaurant owner, you can’t imagine a day without this system. A little technical glitch slows down the services and you may lose your important data and customers. However, Cloud Based POS System is more convenient than traditional Restaurant POS Systems. Nowadays, POS systems are offering a lot of services other than accepting payments from customers. Restaurant wait staff uses a Restaurant POS System to deliver orders to the kitchen monitor so the chef starts preparing food faster. Managers can track the Inventory and precisely order more material after checking the record of sales data in the POS system. One of the important benefits of a Cloud Based POS System is that you can track and monitor your business from anywhere in the world.
Importance of Cloud Based POS System
A Cloud Based POS System keeps all the data saved in the cloud that used to store and access data over the internet. However, its predecessors store all the customers’ data in the hard drive of a computer. Modern POS system helps you to process the sales on the internet while this system is also compatible with many devices. For instance, in a Cloud Based POS System, tablet computers are being used by waitstaff to send orders from table to kitchen while floor plans are displayed in some restaurants to direct the guests to their seats. As the latest POS system stores data remotely so it doesn’t need installation and anybody can log in to the program, take orders, complete transactions, or track data. A Cloud Based Restaurant POS System can crash like traditional systems but there is no risk of losing data. Moreover, it doesn’t matter what happened to the hardware because a Cloud Based POS System stores data over the internet.
Benefits of Restaurants POS System
- Improves Efficiency: – A Cloud Based Restaurant POS System helps you to get your staff well organized, increase workflow, reduce misunderstanding, and run a quality business. If every aspect of the operation will be under control, the efficiency will increase which is critical for a business’s success.
- Increases Profits: – There will be higher profit margins as the efficiency increases. Like you can track data anytime and anywhere that means you can quickly respond over inventory, menu items, staff shortages, and other issues.
- Makes Guests Feel Like VIPs: – Friendly behavior of waitstaff with their guests to meet their needs matters a lot as customers appreciate the attention and this makes them feel like VIPs. With a Cloud Based Restaurant POS System, your staff doesn’t need to use paper and pen to take orders rather with mobile cloud-based POS; they send the order to the kitchen that increases accuracy and your staff receives higher tips. A 5% rise in customer retention can increase your earnings by 75%.
- Offers Offline Mode: A cloud-based POS system offers offline mood to continue to take orders and process payments even if the system is crashed down as the system will sync the offline data into the cloud when connection restored.
- Highly Secure: All information is securely stored on the cloud ad there is no need to download software updates etc.
- Provides Access to Real-Time Data:- You can access real-time data from anywhere in the world. The system lets you track inventory, build schedules, or can check on employee performance whether you are at home, in a meeting, or enjoying vacation somewhere.
Finally, a well-organized Cloud Based POS System not only saves your precious time but also allows you to make use of your extra time to explore new ideas and ways to make your restaurant grow more.